Back home, after the screen-printing session, I looked back at my prints and I decided that I wanted to see what it would look like if the holes in the letters had been interpreted as well. So I took the letters that I had cut out, and used them as templates to cut holes in the prints. I did two versions of this; one had the hole fully cut out and the other took into consideration if there was a letter that overlapped.
Our of both of them I prefer the one on the left, where the cut-out holes did not overlap, because it gives the piece dimension and doesn’t make it feel as “flat”. It brings out one set of letters, giving it a foreground and a background.