Broad: Publication

dsc_0690-e1527158241291.jpg

For the printing I used A2 paper folded in half and printed in black first.]

I actually found some problems printing like this because the printer kept getting jammed. I decided to use tape to hold down every side, which was tedious but worked out.

After printing the black then I printed out the drawings in a different colour on top.

Advertisements

Broad: GIF

For this project as well as an 8 page publication, we also had to make a GIF that represented the whole publication.

I decided that for the GIF I should incorporate the 3 chosen words and then the 6 drawn images, 2 for each word. It was too busy to have everything show up together, so I split it so that you can see what drawing goes with what.

drawings-chosen

Broad: Riso-Printing 2

We had another Risoprint session, but this time we learnt about colour separation and how we could make fuller pictures even with a limited supply of colours.

We were asked to bring in a photo and then on Photoshop we split up the colours.

31899032_10216293131546787_7976373534236606464_n.jpg

As there was not much time for all of us to print doing CMYK colour separation, we tried out duotone instead, where we made it grayscale – duotone. We then split into pairs and printed with 2 colours.

 

Broad: Research

For Broad I researched some publications that I liked and found out that the ones I liked the most were those that used text with drawings or illustrations included. I felt like this fit in well with the blog post that I had chosen, because it had drawings in there as well.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 19.08.13screen-shot-2018-05-22-at-19-08-52.png

After taking a photo of the drawings, I digitalised them, turned the backgrounds white and split them up, since there were 2 drawings each for the 3 words.

I also wanted to include the other drawings that weren’t chosen for the final posters, to show the various different descriptions people gave.

 

Walk the Line: Final Posters

Untitled-1

After finally fixing the font and getting it on the computer, I typed out what my posters originally said and placed them around. I still wanted to sew the middle sections so I left those blank and then sent off the text to be printed.

123

I think this is much better, because the text looks neater, but you can still see the sewn aspects of the letters.

Walk the Line: Poster Development

DSC_0685

Going back to my posters for the Walk the Line project, I needed to change the font. Originally I sewed the letters straight on, but it was suggested that they could be neatened up a bit.

So I searched online for a font I liked and found one called Hyperspace, because it is quite square and straight, which would be easy for me to sew. I printed out the alphabet and sewed two versions; one with the thicker wool I had and one with the thin thread.

I put these into an online converter so that I could use them digitally. The thin thread was quite hard to tell that it was thread, so I decided to go for the thicker one.

Continue reading Walk the Line: Poster Development